Click here to Check out Dr. Marty Becker on Facebook.
They already had two of three dogs selected. The criteria for the third dog described Ranger perfectly.
1) Medium-sized (40-50 pounds) herding dog mix, terrier mix or setter-spaniel mix. We’re looking for a dog with “no color” — black-and-white, or black-gray ticking on white. We’re really hoping to find a dog with some “dramatic” facial marking, such as a large black patch. Kinda looking for a short-haired dog (since the Golden has long hair and Quixote is sort of plush), but that’s not a requirement.
2) Well-mannered, well-trained and well-socialized. Your dog should do a reliable, happy sit-stay and down-stay, under conditions of working around other dogs and in a photo studio, with lights, photographers and other people around. It’s a hard day’s work, but your dog should be happy doing it.
3) Happy, healthy, well-groomed. No long nails. Clean and brushed, not “show groomed” but looking naturally clean and gorgeous. We also won’t be using slip/choke/pinch/prong collars in the photo, so if your dog needs those to behave himself, it won’t work.
4) You should be within easy driving distance of beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, which is where this is all taking place. We’ll treat you to the hotel/meals, of course.
5) OK, obvious, but I’ll say it anyway: Don’t bite the veterinarian! (Or the photographers, or the other dogs, or … ) If your dog has any sort of issues that could lead to the deployment of teeth, this is NOT the job for your dog.So a flurry of comments and emails flew back and forth and....WOOHOO!
Ranger is their choice!
We will be going to Couer d'Alene, Idaho next week for the photo shoot where Ranger gets to show off his amazing posing skills. Mom will be armed with her clicker and yummy treats. Over the next week we will be going to every public place possible so Ranger can practice his sit/down stays with distractions. We want to make sure he is fully tuned up for this. He needs to be on his 'A' game.
Is Ranger happy?
I don't know, what do you think?
Oh boy, I hope he can get a grip before next week
"Can I bring my ball? Huh, huh, huh?"
"Haf ball, will travel" ...mumble, mumble, mumble
Ranger I can't understand you with that ball in your mouth.
"I am so happy! I love my ball! My ball loves me!"
"Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! I love my ball my ball loves me!"
"I love Everybody!"
We love you too Ranger.